Friday, June 29, 2012

New thing #33: Published!

There were a lot of things I wanted to emulate about the women I met twenty years ago when we all lived on Lincoln Avenue. These women were funky and fun and smart and bold, and we had endless good conversations over endless glasses of wine. To this day I can remember D, with her great sense of style and sharp wit, casually mentioning that her poetry had been published in a magazine. I thought this was one of the coolest things I had ever heard, and I hoped that one day I could say the same thing.

Flash forward to this month, when I made contact with a reporter for our local newspaper, The Oakland Press. She invited me to write an article about my blog project, and with her help, I can now say, "I am published." It's not as cool as D's poetry, and they made some minor edits to my work (there's no way I would have put my age in bold font in the title!), but it's a start.

So if you missed yesterday's newspaper, you can click this link to jump to the article about my blog. Then you can click the link in the article to jump back to this actual blog. Where you can click the link to jump back to the article... well you get the idea.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your article. Try going to the Belle Isle conservatory in the fall. Also, you must photograph the Eastern Market on Saturdays. Try a class at Namaste yoga in Troy. Try community gardening in Detroit, build a garden from blight. Have a photography show at MoCAD or the Cass Cafe, publish a book of your photography using blurb.com, Photograph barns in Northern Michigan. Ok, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of great suggestions! I will definitely try some of these. Thanks Karley :)

      Delete